Friday, April 13, 2012

I am finally proud of myself for something! Last night, I went to my 5pm class which I always dread going to. This is the class that exposes all of my weakness and tests my spirit. I said a prayer, took a deep breath and walked in.

For the first time, I was able to remain objective, strong and pushed through. Literally. We were running agility drills and I got tackled by a football player. I didn't let him get me down. I didn't let all the criticisms soak through my skin (and believe me, I get told "I suck" for the entire 2 1/2 hrs). I did not walk out defeated.

It is not easy being the only girl at times in this field. The guys expect you to be soft but at the same time they stand back and watch to see what you can bring to the table. To see if you can be taken seriously with respect to strength & conditioning. Many days I am tired and sometimes I am stronger than them. However, I am certainly not settling for soft. Ever. Or I will never be taken seriously as a coach or a trainer.

I am still on track this week! Falling behind on wedding planning but...tucked away in a private study room of the library as we speak! The next two weeks, will be insane as I face a little public speaking fear giving two presentations on subject I do not know much about.

My 7am WOD thanks to the beautiful people at Soul:

Weightlifting: DE Deadlift 8 x 3reps 50-60% 1RM (115lbs for me)

WOD: 3 x 3min AMRAP
20 cal row
15 parallette bar hops
max air squats

5 x 3reps RDL Heavy
Max L-sit holds


No comments:

Post a Comment