Wednesday, August 14, 2013

YOLO, right?

Today was an everything and nothing day. Thoughts about everything I have to accomplish, pay, clean, email, call, feed, print, send, worry about, be happy about, train for, the past, the future. You name it, I thought about it. But I could not arrive at any real conclusion or resolution. Then, YOLO popped in my head.

You only live once as far as I know. So does that mean I should throw caution to the wind and dive in to whatever catches my eye? Or should I obsess over success and take everything seriously? I am definitely much better at the latter. How do I put order to the madness in my head??

So, I did what I usually do when I need to find peace and motivation. I turned the world off and went for a run. A hard 30 min run was all I needed today. Want to know the outcome? A beautiful to-do list! I prioritized and took care of what  could take care of today.

1) Priority for 2013: create and develop a brand
2) Create and implement marketing strategy and calendar
3) Register DBA and logo
4) Apply for merchant services
5) Choose and upload future website photos
6) Follow #2 religiously
7) Revert to long term to do list weekly.

And since my evening clients are on vacation, I got it all done!

I also found the direction I have been searching for since the first day of grad school. I'm taking my business goals all the way, working hard and enjoying the ride. Balance is healthy and extremes have never worked for me. 

You can live your life carelessly. You can live your life stressing about what may or may not happen. You can take care of what you can take care of today and have faith that you'll get to where you're supposed to be if you try your best. I guess YOLO is about doing what makes you happy, but most importantly enjoying the ride.

YOLO. Its what the kids are saying these days.



My partner in crime, I mean life, and me. A sneak peak of our fitness photo shoot last October.

No comments:

Post a Comment